Experience +
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experience +

A homemade RPG, "Experience +" is meant to be just that.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uni-flippin'-versity!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Mighty Fluffball
Mercenary
Mercenary
The Mighty Fluffball

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Character sheet
Name: Kasam
Class: Warrior
HP:
Uni-flippin'-versity! Left_bar_bleue60/60Uni-flippin'-versity! Empty_bar_bleue  (60/60)

Uni-flippin'-versity! Empty
PostSubject: Uni-flippin'-versity!   Uni-flippin'-versity! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:26 pm

So, we need one of these topics. Which university are you in/which universities are you applying to/what sort of university would you want to apply to later/what are you majoring/thinking about majoring in?

I'm looking at Yale, Duke, SMU, Rice, Dartmouth, Cornell, Vanderbilt, Brown, and if I decide to take a third SAT II test, I'll throw my hat in the ring for Harvard, Princeton, and Columbia.

I'm going to major in Economics.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Soldier
Soldier
Grim

Male Number of posts : 81

Character sheet
Name: Aaron
Class: Mage
HP:
Uni-flippin'-versity! Left_bar_bleue40/40Uni-flippin'-versity! Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: Uni-flippin'-versity!   Uni-flippin'-versity! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:09 pm

You're looking at expensive colleges. Really expensive ones. Like, "Become a lawyer or doctor because otherwise the debt will drown you unless you're hyper-rich" colleges.

I'm at the University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire. It's awesome. And it's a lot cheaper than those places for a high quality education and plenty of undergraduate research opportunity.
Back to top Go down
http://gafanfic.wikispaces.com
The Phantom Squee
Soldier
Soldier
The Phantom Squee

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Character sheet
Name: Alistar Engle
Class: Other
HP:
Uni-flippin'-versity! Left_bar_bleue50/50Uni-flippin'-versity! Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Uni-flippin'-versity!   Uni-flippin'-versity! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:58 pm

University of Wyoming, here. It's very nice, because it's cheaper to come here from out of state than it would have been for me to go to most of my in-state colleges. Not to mention that out of all the in-state places, UVA is the only one that had my major (Astronomy) and I probably couldn't have gotten in. That said, even though it's cheap, Wyoming is still really nice.
Back to top Go down
http://terjon.deviantart.com
Grim
Soldier
Soldier
Grim

Character sheet
HP:
Uni-flippin'-versity! Left_bar_bleue40/40Uni-flippin'-versity! Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: Uni-flippin'-versity!   Uni-flippin'-versity! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Long way to go, though, VA to WY.
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Fluffball
Mercenary
Mercenary
The Mighty Fluffball

Character sheet
HP:
Uni-flippin'-versity! Left_bar_bleue60/60Uni-flippin'-versity! Empty_bar_bleue  (60/60)

PostSubject: Re: Uni-flippin'-versity!   Uni-flippin'-versity! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:30 pm

Grim wrote:
You're looking at expensive colleges. Really expensive ones. Like, "Become a lawyer or doctor because otherwise the debt will drown you unless you're hyper-rich" colleges.

And, because my dad makes £40,000 a year, which is roughly $80,000, I get a hell of a lot of financial aid. They have this new thing called "need-based aid" (I'm not being condescending, it's new enough) that means that I get a mixture of grants and loans until the cost is about $5,000 a year for my parents. However, all of the universities I listed are adopted a loan-free policy, which means that when I graduate I'll have under $20,000 in debt, easily. At some of those schools I think the transition to loan-free aid is pretty much complete. Add to that an itty-bitty scholarship and I'll probably be graduating completely debt-free.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Squee
Soldier
Soldier
The Phantom Squee

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Character sheet
Name: Alistar Engle
Class: Other
HP:
Uni-flippin'-versity! Left_bar_bleue50/50Uni-flippin'-versity! Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Uni-flippin'-versity!   Uni-flippin'-versity! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:02 pm

Dayum, you've got it all worked out. O.o

@ Grim: Yeah, a bit. That's also part of why I picked it, though.
Back to top Go down
http://terjon.deviantart.com
The Mighty Fluffball
Mercenary
Mercenary
The Mighty Fluffball

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Uni-flippin'-versity!   Uni-flippin'-versity! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:39 pm

I know. ^_^ Being poor white trash has its benefits.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Soldier
Soldier
Grim

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Uni-flippin'-versity!   Uni-flippin'-versity! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:41 pm

@Fluff: Good thing for that kind of stuff. Although I'm not sure what the poverty line here in Ami-land is.

@Squee: Yeah. I'm probably going to go to Northern California, Washington, or Minnesota for Grad School, though, so I may be going about as far as you went.
Back to top Go down
Kingdom~Heatless
Admin
Admin
Kingdom~Heatless

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Character sheet
Name: Worell
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Uni-flippin'-versity!   Uni-flippin'-versity! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Northwestern U, Oberlin, Indiana U, William and Mary (because my entire family has gone to William and Mary), UVA, and Princeton. I live in Northern Virginia, so, yeah. William & Mary and UVA are the obvious ones.

I'm majoring in one or two of the following:

Musicology, East Asian Studies, Journalism.

Although I'm really probably going to do the last two.
Back to top Go down
https://experienceplus.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uni-flippin'-versity!   Uni-flippin'-versity! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uni-flippin'-versity!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Experience + :: Chatting :: General Chatting-
Jump to: