Experience +
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experience +

A homemade RPG, "Experience +" is meant to be just that.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The sign of the Blue Sailor

Go down 
+2
Axelle
Grim
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Grim
Soldier
Soldier
Grim

Male Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Character sheet
Name: Aaron
Class: Mage
HP:
The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue40/40The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:34 pm

After a few moments' staring at the girl, Elias said, "Not enough information," and then went back to waiting for his drink, turning away from her. "Too many unknowns," he added.

"A very dangerous thing you're asking there," replied Aaron. "After all, if it truly is an offer of anything I want, I could be very cruel to you. You say you would make 'absolutely sure' I got what I wanted out of this journey you propose - what if I told you I wanted the very stars snatched from the sky and a woman fashioned from them, or my name carved in the moon with naught but a strand of hair? What if I wanted something intangible - love, power, virtue? What if what I wanted was a logical contradiction - an invisible man that anyone could see, for instance? Would you still be able to do it?" he asked.

Narya, meanwhile, waited for a barmaid or barman. Maybe she could get some food while Aaron was talking with this weird man.
Back to top Go down
http://gafanfic.wikispaces.com
Kingdom~Heatless
Admin
Admin
Kingdom~Heatless

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Character sheet
Name: Worell
HP:
The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue40/40The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Worell had noticed a woman's strange trance-like stare, fixed upon him like he was the most out of place person there. That all changed in a matter of minutes. The woman with a disco ball of curly black hair upon her head and covered from hair to toe with glitter barged in. Geneva looked lazily towards her, as though this wasn't something new. The bartender jumped, though.

"Boyd's the name," the bartender said nervously, hurrying off to get behind the counter of his bar. Worell wasn't completely paying attention though, and he fixed his gaze on the woman who had been staring at him before. Geneva followed his gaze and smirked. She said nothing.

"Who is that?" He asked, though not really addressing anyone specific. "Her? Oh, I don't know. Doesn't look like she's from around here." Again with her devilish smirk. Worell got up and began to walk towards the staring woman's table. It was (unfortunately) near "Spahkly Shaniqua's" choice of seat. He also realized that a rather heated conversation was going on between two others at the table. He addressed the woman who had attracted his attention when he said, "May I ask your name?"

Geneva, meanwhile, watched with her devious bright green eyes, waiting to see what happened next. She still wore her devilish smirk, almost as though she knew something that Worell did not. Boyd approached her, saying under his breath as he made to clean the table, "Perhaps you should tell the chap," in his wonderful Cockney accent. "Not yet," was Geneva's sly response. She looked sideways towards Worell, smirking once more.
Back to top Go down
https://experienceplus.forumotion.net
The Mighty Fluffball
Mercenary
Mercenary
The Mighty Fluffball

Male Number of posts : 172

Character sheet
Name: Kasam
Class: Warrior
HP:
The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/60The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/60)

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:42 pm

OOC: out of curiosity, who's the woman you're talking to now, KH? It's easy to get lost when new pages start.

Kasam chuckled politely.

"I can't do the ridiculous, and I can't do the paradoxical. I can get you a woman of any kind, I can get you gold in ridiculous amounts--if this journey happens successfully--I can get you magical amulets to double your power--if this journey works--I can get you your own ship, your own small fleet, your own private army--if this journey works. Once we're underway, though, it will work. I will not start until it works."

Cora looked at Elias's back. Most people tended to feel her looking at them. It had something to do with her red eyes.

"I lost something that is important to me and my friends. To get it back, we need people to help us. On the way, we will certainly fight, and not all of our enemies will be human. Once we get there, there will be enough gold to cover a mountain, and much, much more. All we want is the thing I lost." Her voice had a strange, sing-song quality to it. There was even an odd nursery-rhyme rhythm to it. After a pause, she added, "Even we don't know everything that will happen."
Back to top Go down
Grim
Soldier
Soldier
Grim

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:57 pm

Those who could see his face could tell Elias was smiling even without seeing his mouth; his eyes were closed and his cheek muscles had contracted. "I do not decide. Ask him instead of me." And with that, he pointed at Aaron. "These two," he then said, "are their own men, and their answer may differ from my employer's."

Aaron sighed. "I think what I want is to carve my own path, to find my own knowledge and power, and to embrace my destiny... and I don't know that it lies with your journey."
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Female Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Character sheet
Name: Axelle
Class: Ranged
HP:
The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue60/60The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/60)

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:02 pm

OOC: Fluffy, he means Aphrodite.

IC:

Aphrodite looked up at Worrell.

"Oh, uh." She blinked several times, realizing that this was the one she'd been staring at. "A-Aphrodite, sir."
Back to top Go down
Bane
Mercenary
Mercenary
Bane

Male Number of posts : 110

Character sheet
Name: David
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:49 pm

"This all depends on where we are going," said David. "How long it'll take, how much danger is involved," he said. "It had better be well worth the reward." He smirked, and finished his drink. Richard laughed a little, but said,"David, we DO have responsibilities...They'll all wonder where we've gone..."

"Then we'll tell them we won't be around. They'll understand."
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Male Number of posts : 274

Character sheet
Name: Artemis Fowl
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:26 pm

Artemis had decided to ignore the crazy. He turned to Axelle. "Hey, you. Aren't you the least bit interested in what you're going to have to do to obtain the gold I mentioned?"
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:19 pm

Axelle looked up, her eyebrow cocked. "Uh, sure. Do te-"

"GOLD?! Ho' crap! I'm SO IN!" Shaniqua burst.

"No one invited you."

"Too bad!"

"Oh God."
Back to top Go down
Kingdom~Heatless
Admin
Admin
Kingdom~Heatless

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Character sheet
Name: Worell
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:20 pm

Worell said to Aphrodite, somewhat quietly, "May I ask why you were staring at me?" He was simply curious, and it got him away from Geneva. However, it did put him even closer to Disco Diva Spahkly Shaniqua. He overlooked the later part.

Geneva was watching quietly, but Boyd looked somewhat nervous. "You know, she didn't want them to meet, not now, anyway." Geneva, with her ever present demon grin, said slyly, "Please, it adds flavor to this otherwise uneventful event." Boyd looked at her as though she was crazy. "You mean to say that Miss Spahkly just slipped your notice?" Geneva snickered a little. She grabbed her drink, gulping down a quick run before saying, "Ms. Sparkly is nothing compared to the Goddess of Love." Boyd simply looked confused.
Back to top Go down
https://experienceplus.forumotion.net
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:35 pm

Aphrodite looked up.

"Ah. Um, I..." She looked around. "I can't tell you. Not r-right now. T-too many people."
Back to top Go down
Bane
Mercenary
Mercenary
Bane

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Richard finally cracked. "SHUT UP YOU LOUD B[EXPLICIT]!" he yelled across the room.
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:17 pm

Shaniqua fell out of her chair.

"Ah! Awright, awright already. Goodness, you kids are rude."
Back to top Go down
Bane
Mercenary
Mercenary
Bane

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:27 pm

Richard sighed, but slumped back in the chair. "Is she going" He asked, sounding tired.
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Fluffball
Mercenary
Mercenary
The Mighty Fluffball

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:12 am

"Bloody 'ell I 'ope not" Cora said

"Let's get two ships and put her on the other one." Kryoni whispered to Kasam. He shuddered and nodded vehemently, then returned his attention to Aaron. A little chuckle escaped his lips.

"If what you seek is uncertain, and what you want is...more abstract than physical, then I would send you to this island even if I did not need your help."

Kasam leaned closer to Aaron, lowering his voice to a soft whisper.

"The Island of Many Fates is never what you expect it to be. Men have lost their minds, their souls, and their lives on its shores. The beings that dwell within are not easily troubled by mercenary prowlers, but the rewards for the worthy are beyond the imagination. That, my friend, is why I want you with me."

Cora glanced back at Kasam, and nodded imperceptively. She turned her attention back to the other two men.

"There is a great deal of danger, but only for the unwary and the foolish. Keep your heads and stay with us and you will come out alive. The rewards, if you survive, are just as great as the dangers you face."

"And I really really hope she isn't coming."

Last edited by The Mighty Fluffball on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bane
Mercenary
Mercenary
Bane

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Richard was about to speak, when David knocked him on the head. "It's not dangerous as long as you don't do anything reckless? Hell, it's the same as any other day. And the rewards are great, eh? That should make up for the time we spend away from them, shouldn't it?"

Richard DID get to speak now. "Yeah, I think everyone'll be fine.

"Oh, there's one condition..." said David. "I'm gonna need a place to sleep without the moon glaring down on me..."
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Fluffball
Mercenary
Mercenary
The Mighty Fluffball

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Cora smiled. "I don't think Kasam will have any difficulties making sure you have whatever you need. He's over there." She pointed.
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:38 pm

Artemis nearly laughed. "Us, rude? You're the one who's irritating everybody You should keep your mouth shut. Amn't I right, girl?" he asked Axelle silkily. "You really are not good at controlling yourself, are you." Artemis turned back to Shaniqua. "You, lady, are very strange." Like everyone else here. I'm probably one of the sanest people here Artemis shuddered involuntarily. And seeing as I would be pleased to see almost everybody in this room die...that's a scary thought. "incidentally, girl," he said, addressing Axelle, "What do you call yourself?"
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Fluffball
Mercenary
Mercenary
The Mighty Fluffball

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Kryoni fidgeted. She was sick of this place already. Cora signaled to her that she was finished. Kryoni tilted her head in acknowledgment and stepped over to Kasam, and tapped the table lightly to get his attention. He glanced at her and nodded.

"It seems the others are all ready. So, my friend, will you join us? You have nothing to lose--it won't be dangerous for you at all. We'll be gone for less than a week. And--" he added as an afterthought "--if you like, I can bring desserts with us."
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:14 pm

Axelle's lip twitched as though she was going to say something, but she bit her tongue.

"The name is Axelle." She muttered, looking to the side. Her eyes moved to Artemis again. "And yours?"
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:19 pm

A blank stare. "My name. Haven't been asked that in a while. Artemis. Artemis Fowl. Well," he said, sarcastic, "Now we know each others names. I have a feeling we're going to be good friends."
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:31 pm

Axelle allowed a low growl to escape her lips. Shaniqua stood up and dusted herself off, shooting a harsh glare towards Artemis. She stumbled over to the bar, ordering a pint. Axelle's eyes followed her for a moment before shooting back to Shaniqua.

"Whatever wheels happen to be turning in your mind right now, forget it." She hissed. "I am not your friend."

Aphrodite continued looking up at Worrell, before she sighed and stood up, pulling him towards a less cluttered area of the tavern.

"I'm a medium, and I...I just," she paused. "I saw people around you is all. I didn't mean to frighten."
Back to top Go down
Grim
Soldier
Soldier
Grim

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:58 pm

Aaron shook his head. "Sorry, but I'm afraid I still must decline. I'd prefer to make my own way for now. Perhaps I may seek this island later, but for now I'll stay landbound."
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Fluffball
Mercenary
Mercenary
The Mighty Fluffball

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 2:55 am

Kasam nodded, and stood. "Kryoni, Cora, bring everyone you've found."

Kryoni strode over to where Artemis was sitting and clicked her tongue at him. Cora went and tugged on David's sleeve. Kasam walked to the door and opened it, waiting.
Back to top Go down
Grim
Soldier
Soldier
Grim

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:00 am

Seeing the man near Aaron stop talking, Elias stood and walked to him. "Sir," he said, bowing to Aaron. Aaron nodded. "I have a report."

"OK," said Aaron. "Let's hear it."

"Mostly inactive or overly difficult for you. East, bereft of data. North, some quests; monster hunting is always viable." Aaron nodded as he listened.
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 3:45 pm

Artemis laughed harshly. "Please, I don't want your friendship. If you can't distinguish between sarcasm and seriousness, you are lacking in a great deal of worldy knowledge." He noticed Kryoni making a strange noise with her tongue. "Hey, Axelle, right? If you are coming, time to go see our employer. We'll be leaving soon, I feel. So, are you willing to put up with my company for the sake of what seems to be unimmaginable riches?" Artemis asked, apparently enjoying a joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sign of the Blue Sailor   The sign of the Blue Sailor - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The sign of the Blue Sailor
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Experience + :: Roleplaying :: General Roleplaying-
Jump to: