Experience +
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experience +

A homemade RPG, "Experience +" is meant to be just that.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Island of Many Fates

Go down 
+2
Artemis Fowl
The Mighty Fluffball
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Male Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Character sheet
Name: Artemis Fowl
Class: Warrior
HP:
The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/60The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/60)

The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:50 pm

Artemis was getting more unnerved by the second. He was not usually impolite with women, but this one was more annoying than usual. He also had made it a point of honor never to kill one who wasn't trying to kill him, but his hand was itching to grab his katana. And strangely, deep down he felt the unfamiliar stirring of an unknown beast. A beast called Guilt. He closed his eyes, willing himself to not show any sign of the conflict raging within him.

And before he knew it, he had opened his mouth, mumbling. "You're not bad-looking at all. That's just me," he whispered, experiencing one of his mood swings. Then he scowled and turned away, screaming inside. There was something wrong, and Artemis did not light things that were wrong. He preferred to get rid of the thing that was wrong as soon as possible, although in this case, that was hardly practical. And on top of that, he wasn't in control of his emotions anymore...and control of them was the one thing he had always been proud of being able to do.

He slammed his fist on his leg, cursing softly and musically.
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Female Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Character sheet
Name: Axelle
Class: Ranged
HP:
The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue60/60The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (60/60)

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:59 pm

Axelle gaped. "What?" She asked, obviously not expecting a response. She blinked a couple of extra times as she stared, not sure what to say. "Um, I guess, thank you?" She twirled a lock of black hair on her finger, swallowing her thoughts. She didn't want to say anything wrong. Embarrassing the poor boy wasn't her intention. Nor was to piss him off. She just wanted to have a little bit of fun.
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:06 pm

Artemis snarled, staring out at the ocean. "Whatever. Just...be glad I'm in a forgiving mood." His shoulders slumped, the fight going out of him, but he masked his feelings with pretended bravado. "For now." He continued looking out at the darkened horizon. He lowered his voice. "Just stop it. I'm not used to playing the fool."
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:17 pm

Axelle scratched her head, unsure what to say. She wanted to apologize, and hold him in her arms. But at the same time, she wanted to laugh and walk away. She didn't like him. But she didn't hate him either. Her eyes closed and she sighed. Her lips parted as though she were about to say something, but instead she gazed out at the water. It glistened with the setting sun's light. Axelle looked at Artemis, and sighed again.

"Sorry," was all she said before turning around and climbing up on top of a box to sit.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Mercenary
Mercenary
Bane

Male Number of posts : 110

Character sheet
Name: David
Class: Mage
HP:
The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40/40The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:18 pm

David walked onto the ship, noting his shoes smacking against the wood deck. He walked over, and sat down with his back to the mast. Richard sat on the very edge of the front of the vessel, reveling in the wind flowing through his hair. David listened to the quarreling of the man and woman, and soon grew bored of them. Submitting himself to wait until they shoved off, he slid further down the floor, and took off a shoe, using it as a pillow. He turned his cloak around, using it as a blanket. He drifted to sleep, snoring all the while. His foot twitched in his sleep.
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:26 pm

"Sorry. Sure. You don't care. No one cares. You think anyone would do anything for anyone else if there was nothing in it for themselves? Cute. That's why people disgust me. Everyone's a filthy hypocrite." Artemis shrugged. "Whatever."
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:28 pm

Axelle glanced over at Artemis and rolled her eyes. She wished she had the strength to hug him, but she wasn't that caring. Whatever, he could be as obnoxious as he wanted.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Squee
Soldier
Soldier
The Phantom Squee

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Character sheet
Name: Alistar Engle
Class: Other
HP:
The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/50The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:41 pm

"You are the captain, I presume?" Alistar said, bowing to Kasam. "Your
companion was kind enough to allow us to speak to you--" he indicated Kryoni "--about accompanying you. My friend and I are performers, and we would like to document your adventure, to be immortalized in song. Truth is, we're running short on ideas and looking for inspiration. We'd be happy to compensate you for any costs we incur, of course."
Back to top Go down
http://terjon.deviantart.com
The Mighty Fluffball
Mercenary
Mercenary
The Mighty Fluffball

Male Number of posts : 172

Character sheet
Name: Kasam
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:19 am

Kasam smiled. "Of course. You can compensate me by helping these three fine gentlemen--and the lovely lady, of course--when we arrive at our destination."

He whistled, and motioned for the ship to set sail. Kryoni untied the complex knots that kept the ship docked, and the giant used an extremely long wooden pole to push them off. The blind man scaled the riggings skilfully and unfurled the sails. Kasam disappeared into his cabin to consult his charts, and a minute later he emerged and set the ship on a course that led them out away from the shore. Finally, he seemed to realize how late it was getting.

"My friends, I apologize for ignoring your needs for so long. You should get some rest--Cora says that there is a storm on its way for tomorrow. There are three separate rooms below the cabin. My performing friends, you have the room on the right. David, Richard, yours is in the middle. You, sir, and you, madam, are in the room to the left. Good night." He pointed to the three doors under the staircase and balcony outside the cabin. He completely 'forgot' to mention that each room had only one bed. He ascended the stairs to the cabin and disappeared within. Kryoni perched herself in the crow's nest and slipped into a wary half-sleep. The other three--Cora, the blind man, and the giant--all went below.

Outside, the clouds finally passed, showing a moon nearly at its full.
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:56 am

"Brilliant rooming arrangements." Artemis turned to Axelle. "Share a room with you?" His cynical side was rapidly returning. "I do hope you do not snore. If you do, don't blame me if I suffocate you while you sleep." He turned and walked up to their rooms' door, and opened it. "This is going to be a pleasant tri-" He stropped cold and stared. "Well...this is...unexpected...and irritating." At least you managed to say something more than 'gah' this time, idiot. Artemis muttered something under his breath and walked in, and commenced glaring at the bed as though it were his father in furniture form. He waited for the girl's outburst.
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 10:35 am

Axelle huffed. Share a room with Artemis? For goodness sakes, why not just throw her off the ship? Dying would be better than that. She rolled her eyes at him and hopped off her box, shoving past him and into their room. Immediately, her breathing stopped short.

"There's only one bed." She said, and moved over to it. "B-but..." Axelle turned and met Artemis' eyes. "Of course I don't snore. Don't worry about that." She half-smiled, her eyes still attached to his. "I do, however, tend to get cold at night."
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:01 am

Artemis whirled around, looking at her as if she were mad. "Gah..." Clever. Managed to look like an idiot again. "Uh...really? I mean..." He stared into her eyes. This seems familiar..."...um, maybe we should ask for more blankets?" He flushed. That was incredibly stupid. Impressive, how a part of him could remain so impassive, while the rest of him was frothing at the mouth and convulsing.

"You can't possibly be insinuating what I think you are...a-are you? Because, because that's not..." He stuttered incoherently again for a few seconds. You-you're just having fun with me, aren't you?" Artemis' eyes suddenly narrowed again, and he felt a surge of uncharacteristic anger. She's getting to me really badly.
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:04 am

Axelle cracked a grin. "Of course I was just messing with you." She smirked. "Just wanted to see you get all riled up again." She let out a laugh, and pat Artemis on the head. She yawned and stretched. "I'm sleepy."
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:11 am

A part of Artemis slumped dejectedly. "Of course you were," he snarled, feeling furious with himself. He looked at the bed, then at the seemingly tired girl, and calmed down. "Take the bed," he said, quietly. "I'm not tired." He removed his coat, folded it, put it down, and walked over to a porthole and stared out at the dark sea.
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:15 am

Axelle's eyes were wide. "Um, okay..." She breathed, and climbed into the bed, wrapping herself up in the covers. Mmm, comfy. She thought, and closed her eyes. A moment later, she was asleep.
Back to top Go down
Bane
Mercenary
Mercenary
Bane

Male Number of posts : 110

Character sheet
Name: David
Class: Mage
HP:
The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40/40The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:29 am

David put the hood of his cloak up, turned around and walked down into his room. Richard followed him, eager to check it out. David opened the door, ut they both noticed there was only one bed. David laughed. Why would he have expected anything more? "Richard, if you are tired, sleep in the bed. I, however, am not tired."

Richard shrugged and turned around to return to the deck. "I'm not tired either. And I like watching the moon."
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:30 am

Artemis heard Axelle's breathing regulate. Asleep. She fell asleep too easily. She's more innocent than she makes out. He turned around and looked at her. The phantom of a smile flitted across his lips. She's different, all right. He leaned against the cabin's walls, allowing a foolish smile to be drawn on his face. Doesn't matter. No one's here to see it.

He muttered her name several times, as if tasting it in her mouth, adjusted his internal clock to wake him up in four hours, then promptly fell asleep leaning on the wall, overcome by the weariness he had feeling for a good while now.
Back to top Go down
The Mighty Fluffball
Mercenary
Mercenary
The Mighty Fluffball

Male Number of posts : 172

Character sheet
Name: Kasam
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:32 am

Kasam sat back in his captain's chair and looked down through the porthole overlooking the deck. His guests were restless tonight. Well, they had plenty of time to rest before they arrived. Several days on the ship should have them in fine condition. He leaned back and closed his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Axelle woke up, not used to the feel of a ship. Brushing hairs away from her face, she saw Artemis leaning against the wall, clearly asleep. "Ah..." she breathed. She didn't want him to freeze, so she carefully stood and tiptoed over, draping a blanket over him. She crawled back onto the bed and looked over at him, her eyes looking over him for the first time. He was strange, to be sure, but he certainly wasn't bad looking. Oh God, listen to yourself, she thought. He's like, what? Two years younger than you? Ugh, just go back to sleep. And she did so, quite promptly.
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:59 pm

The temperature change caused Artemis to shift in his sleep and, since he was leaning against the wall, fall down. He immediately woke up, and noticed the blanket next to him. He smiled again, then stood up again, rubbing his head. She's quite beautiful. And...I'm an idiot. He leaned against the wall again, and looked at her. He wasn't going to fall asleep again.
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:46 pm

Axelle shifted, causing the blanket covering her to fall off. She rolled over, a sigh escaping her lips. Her eyes fluttered open. She just couldn't sleep. She rolled back over to check on Artemis and saw his eyes on her.

"Ah!" She gasped, grabbing the blanket that had fallen off and pulled it over her face.
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Artemis sighed audibly and felt the rush of blood to his face. Thank God, it's dark. The foolish girl had woken up and seen him looking at her. Better to make a feeble attempt to cover up his interest. "Strange, covering your face like that. It isn't that hideous." Feeble indeed.
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Axelle huffed, removing the blanket from her face. "I'm perfectly aware that I'm not hideous, jerk." She said, pushing her hair behind her shoulder. "You, however, can't say as much." She sat up, glaring. "Why were you looking at me, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Artemis Fowl
Mercenary
Mercenary
Artemis Fowl

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Artemis felt his blush deepen slightly as Axelle brushed her hair off her face. Smirking, he decided to settle on a sarcastic defense. "Oh, I was merely admiring your beauty, girl," he laughed, trying to inflict the most sarcastic tone possible onto his words. "Oh, you certainly are beautiful, indeed."
Back to top Go down
Axelle
Admin
Admin
Axelle

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:37 pm

Axelle rolled her eyes at his sarcastic tone. "Right," she said. "And let me guess, you're also a rather successful clown during your extra time? Sarcasm won't get you anywhere, boy." She hummed, scratching her nose. "Whatever."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Island of Many Fates   The Island of Many Fates - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Island of Many Fates
Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Experience + :: Roleplaying :: The Dungeons :: The Island of Many Fates-
Jump to: